Thursday, September 25, 2008

Powerful Stuff!

Check out 3 points from Brian Grasso head of the IYCA. He gave the keynote speach at the Ryan Lee Boot Camp for Fitness Professionals I attended last weekend. Very Powerful stuff!!!


Point 1 -

Follow Principles not Values

I take this from the work of Stephen Covey in the 8th Habit.

We too often measure our success by the ‘values’ of a situation.

How much weight did we lose

How much money do we make

How many ‘A’ grades did we get on our report card

These are the items that most of us chase, but they are superfisicial and seldomgive us depth or a sincere appreciation for life.

Rather than following or pursuing the ‘values’ in life, go after the principles ofa situation.

What makes you feel good?

Whatever it is, do that.

Money will come.

Pounds will drop.

Good grades will happen.

All we have to do is pursue our desires with conviction.

The secondary factors I mentioned above will come on their own…


Point 2 -

Sawubona

This is a Zulu word that technically means ‘hello’.

But it has a much deeper meaning than that.

The literal translation is ‘I See You’ and is used as a formal greeting whenseeing friends or family.

And I love the concept.

We are so lose with language in our society.

Think about what you say when you pass a friend along the street…

Hey

What’s Up

How You Doing

Informal. Lacking passion. Do you even really care about what the answer is?

Sawubona is a word I’ve come to embrace as having a deeper meaning.

"I See You"

I’m paying attention.

My focus in on you.

I find that very powerful.

But here’s the real point of that word as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve learned to say it to myself.

Do you really know that person you see when looking in the mirror each morning?

Have you truly connected with yourself and understand who you are, where yourpassions lie and what you want in life?

Give it a try sometime…


Point 3 -

Don’t Think - Create Habits

Thoughts don’t become things.

They don’t translate into tangibility unless they are converted.

Powerful thoughts or images you may have for yourself or your life will onlybecome real if you start creating daily habits around making them so.

This is one of the major limitations people have in our society.

They imagine and ‘dream’ of large scale things for themselves, but keep themas nothing more than thoughts.

If you truly want to live your dreams, than start creating daily habits around makingthem so.

This will change your life forever… Brian Grasso


Yours In Fitness,

Steve Krebs

No comments: