1) Saves time. Most intervals last about 20 minutes in comparison to 1 to 2 hours on the treadmill with traditional steady state cardio - this occurs as many of us pay attention to the immediate feedback of calories burned during the cardio session. However, true fat loss results are achieved based on calories burned in a 24 hour period - not during one workout session.
2) Stimulates a greater release of growth hormone. Studies have shown that intense and challenge interval training produces growth hormone which helps to increase lean muscle mass. Muscle is your metabolism. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn 24-7.
3) Better for your joints. Intervals should be done on alternate days not back to back about 3-4 days out of the week. There is less exposure and stress on the joints because it takes less time to complete.
4) Metabolic disturbance. Interval training increases your metabolism and post-exercise oxygen consumption which has been shown to burn fat for 24 hours after the interval bout.
5) Eliminates Boredom. Interval training can be done with body weight exercises, machines, medicine balls, bands,free weights, and of course anything outdoors. - such as hills!
Come to Next Level Beach Body Bootcamp to experience High Intensity Interval Training!
Call Now 315-790-5851!